Daintree Tour Information
Enjoy interpretive rainforest walks, lush lunch site, estuarine crocodile and wildlife spotting on Cooper Creek and, of course, friendly and knowledgeable local guides with Daintree Tours.
Explore the ancient rainforests of the Daintree with a premium tour from Daintree Tours. Our mission is to showcase some of the highlights of this incredible natural wonder, with visits into the Daintree National Park, Mossman Gorge and a river cruise exploring the waterways rich in flora and fauna.
The northern section of the Daintree National Park is where the rainforest meets the reef and guests will have the opportunity to stroll along the magical beaches.
- Visit the Daintree National Park including Mossman Gorge, Alexandra Lookout & Cape Tribulation
- Daintree River ferry
- Stunning beaches
- Guided rainforest walks
- 1-hour crocodile & wildlife spotting
- Insect repellent, umbrella & onboard library
- FREE return transfers from Port Douglas accommodation (Cairns or Northern Beaches transfers currently unavailable)
**Please be advised this tour is not suitable for passengers using walking frames, sticks or with poor mobility**
- Gourmet lunch at Heritage Lodge
- Morning tea provided
- Guided expert commentary
- Small personalised groups (max 11 guests)
- Crocodile spotting river cruise
- Air-conditioned luxury vehicles
Ages 7 - 14
2A + 2C
Above prices based on Off Peak Rates
- Departure: Approx 7:20 am
- Pick up from local Port Douglas accommodation, meet your friendly guide for the day! Commentary starts right away!
- Mossman Gorge
- Explore the ancient forest and see crystal clear waters over giant boulders. Great photo opportunity!
- Cross the famous Daintree River by Cable Ferry
- Entering the rich and diverse ecosystems of the wet tropics.
- Destination Cape Tribulation
- The only places where two World Heritage destinations meet. Enjoy a short stroll onto Cape Tribulation beach where the rainforest meets the reef.
- Morning Tea
- Morning tea with fresh tropical fruit, cakes, Daintree Tea or freshly plunged coffee.
- Guided Rainforest Walks
- Enjoy personalised guided walks in the Marrdja or Dubuji or Jindalba. Embrace the rich diversity of this unique area with our local, knowledgeable guides and learn about the wonderful flora & fauna of the Daintree rainforest.
- Cruise the Cooper Creek
- Join the only tour boat permitted in the Cape Tribulation Section of Daintree National Park on a mangrove discovery tour in search of the estuarine crocodile.
- Relax and enjoy a delicious, gourmet lunch at Heritage Lodge, a hidden rainforest retreat overlooking the sparkling blue Cooper Creek. Please advise on dietary requirements
- Daintree Ice-cream Company
- Visit the Daintree Ice-cream Company, a delightful tropical fruit orchard and tropical garden. Watch the butterflies enjoy the tropical garden and perhaps you may even be lucky enough to see a Cassowary.
- Alexandra Lookout
- Enjoy panoramic views from the ‘top of the Daintree’. Sweeping views across the Daintree River, Snapper Island and Port Douglas.
- Return to Port Douglas approximately 4.30 pm
- Comfortable clothing and a light raincoat if it is raining
- Flat shoes that you can walk in. Does not have to be walking shoes.
- We supply filtered water so recommend bringing your own water bottle for refills
- We supply morning tea and lunch. You are welcome to bring additional snacks and drinks. Please ensure you leave no rubbish behind
- Your camera! Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Cash for ice cream and additional drinks
Relax in air conditioned comfort with a delicious Gourmet lunch at Heritage Lodge. Please let us know when you book of any dietary requirements. Contact us on 07) 4099 6999
All the walks are under 1km, with well maintained boardwalks or pathways, all classed as easy.
This tour is unavailable for children and infants under the age of 7 unless you arrange a Private Charter Tour to tailor make the day. It is a big day in a vehicle and in the rainforest so they may get restless nor will understand the in depth commentary from the guide.
“We had an amazing day, our guide Ben is fantastic, so knowledgeable, lots of talking and laughing. Food was great, very comfortable tour bus couldn’t ask for any better. Highly recommend this service if you want to know about this beautiful part of our country.”
“We just had a fantastic time yesterday with Ben, our tour guide. We learnt so much, laughed a lot, soaked up the beauty of the Daintree, met local characters, one who showed us crocs from his boat. It was like visiting an old friend who’s showing you around the local area. The best tourism is when you feel like you’re an interim part of the community and Ben did just that! It was the best way to start our holiday and we highly recommend this tour!”
“We just had a fantastic time yesterday with Ben, our tour guide. We learnt so much, laughed a lot, soaked up the beauty of the Daintree, met local characters, one who showed us crocs from his boat. It was like visiting an old friend who’s showing you around the local area. The best tourism is when you feel like you’re an interim part of the community and Ben did just that! It was the best way to start our holiday and we highly recommend this tour! Thank you Daintree Tours and in particular Ben for putting together a great tour.”
“We had the best day out today with Ben our extremely informative and knowledgable tour guide! and a lovely guy. We highly recommend this trip, it’s suitable for all ages and ticks all the boxes. We had a lovely lunch followed by a dip in the creek which was bliss! Then locally made ice-cream what more could you want.
Thanks so much!”